The way my mom has always made GB casserole. Face-plant worthy:
• 2 16 oz cans French-cut green beans (drained)
• 1 can French’s fried onion rings
• 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
• ½ cup milk
• ½ t. pepper
• ½ t. salt (canned green beans have enough sodium)
• 1 15 oz. can water chestnuts
Mix creamy ingredients together, then stir in green beans. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or so. Sprinkle that last bit of onion rings on top, 5 minutes before being done.
I ALWAYS double this recipe because it is just so good and I need the leftovers all week long.